Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hello Howl

4 posters

Go down

My Hello Howl Empty My Hello Howl

Post  Zirconia Wolf Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in & say "hello" and also that I really am the same ZW that you may know from Simbology & other sites, but for reasons mostly dependent on my own stupidity during registration, I had to go with "Zirconia Wolf II" here.

Anyway, that's it for now. Think I will poke around & see what I can see....
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

My Hello Howl Empty Re: My Hello Howl

Post  Aaroneous Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

Welcome Zirconia Wolf

It is good to see you finally got the site and your ISP to cooperate with you. Very Happy
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleepycat Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 pm

*waves to ZW* Very Happy
Sleepycat
Sleepycat
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BoilingOil Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

*huggles friendly wooffie*

BoilingOil
Site Member

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 pm

*waves back at SC & slurps BO*

Good to see familiar peeps here...oh & props to Aaroneous for fixing the whole "ZW II" debacle & making me...well, me again!
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BoilingOil Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:16 am

How could you be anyone else but you, anyway? That lovely avatar can only mean that you are in the house, nobody else!

BoilingOil
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 am

True..but after having to register the 3rd Creator Account with SimPE (gads, I wish there was a way to retrieve passwords for that registry!) I am starting to have a bit of an identity crisis.

Between "Zirconia Wolf", "Zirconia Wolf2" and "Zirconia WolfII" how am I to know who I really am anymore? (Really wishing I could figure out the GUID numbering system as I know the *ranges* for all 3 accounts & it would be cool if I could just enter my own GUIDs even when I can't log in right!)
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm

The GUID number system isn't too bad once you get the hang of it. Generally in hex the numbers go from 0 to F, And counts up like this 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. So if your GUID number was 0x005678F the next one would be 0x0056790. Hopefully that makes some sense.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BoilingOil Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Correct! The first 6 digits are always the same for each creator, though. The last two digits change per object that you register. My current creator ID = 0x0069CD. Once I've reached object 0x0069CDFF, I'll have 256 items to my name, and will need to register a new creator ID.

That's also how I recognized that Sleepy's version of the MotiveDefender was actually registered by TwoJeffs. TJ's creator ID = 0x00006F, and only *he* could register a new object under that ID.

BoilingOil
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Oohh...so that's how they do it, eh?

So it's entirely possible that - if I am careful to keep good records - I could in fact assign GUIDs *by hand* should I find myself unable to auto-register again, thus saving me the embarrassment of having to get a fourth SimPE code-block?

'Cause that would be awesome!
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 pm

It most certainly is possible, That is how I do it most of the time. These days Simpe's website GUID data base is just too unpredictable, So it never hurt to at least have your range written down.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BoilingOil Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 pm

I have set my SimPE to keep me logged in on the database (or auto log-in), so I don't need to remember my PW. Twisted Evil

Also, as long as you can log in and auto-register, there's no need to remember what number you're at... SimPe holds a list of all the objects you already registered, WITH their respective GUID numbers. Very practical. study

BoilingOil
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 pm

I swear SimPE used to do that for me & was really surprised when I had to get a 3rd block! (I am also now inexplicably not logged into the SimPE home site like I have been for years & it wouldn't accept my usual name/password! I tried the send-me-my-password option but that was several days ago & still no sign of the email Word Press claims to have sent me. Grrr.)

Just to *refresh* my memory, exactly where does one look in the SimPE setting to set the *auto log in* feature?
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 pm

In Simpe click on the Extra menu, then Preferences, and finally click on the Ident tab. There you can set the user name and password it will use to log-in. As long as it is filled in correctly Simpe will auto log-in with that account every time.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Awesome!

*scurries away to hit SimPE with a stick*
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down