Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observations and Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Observations and Suggestions Empty Observations and Suggestions

Post  kumiqueen Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 am

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. The last thing I want to do is break a rule or do something inappropriate, so apologies if I've overlooked or overstepped.

First of all I have to say thank you for creating this mod. It has changed the way I play the game completely. At first I was skeptical about using it because of how much I depended on twojeffs' Sim Blender but after using it I couldn't go back! Now to some things that I would love to see if you're still updating and some possible things that could be fixed.

Fixes

1. A big problem I found was that going too far in the menu that changes the mesh makes the object disappear from the lot and the catalog. At first I thought it was an invisible recolor but there were no interactions. There's no way to get it back without restarting the game.

2. Making motives static works for the most part but there have been times when a Sim, particularly Servos, would resume having their motives decay. I'm not sure what circumstances cause this to happen as it hasn't been a consistent phenomenon.

Suggested Features to Add

1. When I saw the static motives feature on the Manipulator I was pretty much sold. Customizing on a per Sim basis rather than installing mods that change the way ALL Sims behave is very appealing. Is there a way to add static skills? I would love to have it so that I could have more control over my Sims' abilities. Static badges, relationships (not sure if that's already a feature), aspiration levels, hobbies, and aging would be really cool too. Can you tell I like to micromanage?

2. This might not have a great deal of appeal but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm just beginning to use Servos, and the only way I can tolerate them is if I turn them into humanoids. Unfortunately, since switching from the Sim Blender to the Sim Manipulator I don't have the option of doing things like plastic surgery and changing clothes for Servos. It's not a must have but I love to have that available again.

3. The placement options for the Manipulator are a bit limiting. The version I'm using doesn't like coffeetables.

4. Another thing I've been missing from the Sim Blender is the Clean and Fill pet dishes option. It was a big help when no Sim was available.

5. Adding poison ivy as a option for sickness. (Also static sickness Smile )

6. Finally, the Blender allowed me to change last names of my Sims. The method was complicated but it worked. I don't know if adding it would be finding way would be just as complicatd, or if twojeffs would mind if you used his approach so if you can't adopt this into the Manipulator I understand.

Ultimately, this mod does so much that it's hard to improve upon. I found when looking for things to suggest, the most were already available. The best part is how many individual hacks I got to remove because this one did the job and how there hasn't been any conflicts! I have really enjoyed making it a part of my game and hope that you continue to support it as it is much appreciated.

kumiqueen
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Observations and Suggestions Empty Re: Observations and Suggestions

Post  Aaroneous Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

kumiqueen wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the right place. The last thing I want to do is break a rule or do something inappropriate, so apologies if I've overlooked or overstepped.

First of all I have to say thank you for creating this mod. It has changed the way I play the game completely. At first I was skeptical about using it because of how much I depended on twojeffs' Sim Blender but after using it I couldn't go back! Now to some things that I would love to see if you're still updating and some possible things that could be fixed.
Your welcome. No it's in the right place, This is what this area is for. There are plans for future updates to the Manipulator.

kumiqueen wrote:
Fixes

1. A big problem I found was that going too far in the menu that changes the mesh makes the object disappear from the lot and the catalog. At first I thought it was an invisible recolor but there were no interactions. There's no way to get it back without restarting the game.

2. Making motives static works for the most part but there have been times when a Sim, particularly Servos, would resume having their motives decay. I'm not sure what circumstances cause this to happen as it hasn't been a consistent phenomenon.
While I will certainly look into the problems, I do have some questions. When changing the mesh is it always at the same point or is it purely random? As for the the motive problem, From what I have seen of it. It appears to be a problem with new interactions that came with the Free Time expansion or interactions that came with older games that were updated for the Free Time Expansion. Some how the interactions are ignoring the static option. A fix for that is still being looked into.

kumiqueen wrote:
Suggested Features to Add

1. When I saw the static motives feature on the Manipulator I was pretty much sold. Customizing on a per Sim basis rather than installing mods that change the way ALL Sims behave is very appealing. Is there a way to add static skills? I would love to have it so that I could have more control over my Sims' abilities. Static badges, relationships (not sure if that's already a feature), aspiration levels, hobbies, and aging would be really cool too. Can you tell I like to micromanage?

2. This might not have a great deal of appeal but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm just beginning to use Servos, and the only way I can tolerate them is if I turn them into humanoids. Unfortunately, since switching from the Sim Blender to the Sim Manipulator I don't have the option of doing things like plastic surgery and changing clothes for Servos. It's not a must have but I love to have that available again.

3. The placement options for the Manipulator are a bit limiting. The version I'm using doesn't like coffeetables.

4. Another thing I've been missing from the Sim Blender is the Clean and Fill pet dishes option. It was a big help when no Sim was available.

5. Adding poison ivy as a option for sickness. (Also static sickness Smile )

6. Finally, the Blender allowed me to change last names of my Sims. The method was complicated but it worked. I don't know if adding it would be finding way would be just as complicatd, or if twojeffs would mind if you used his approach so if you can't adopt this into the Manipulator I understand.

Feature 1: I do not know if all options can be made static... But I will look into it. Now enabling and disabling aspiration and relationship decay is already in the works, They will be added to the Sim Manipulator in the next version or so.

Feature 2: I originally I disabled those interactions for servos... But that can be change pretty easily.

Feature 3: It should be able to be placed on most surfaces with no problem... But you are right that it can't be placed on coffee tables. It should be fixed in the upcoming update.

Feature 4: I will have to consider that one.

Feature 5: Getting and curing Poison Ivy is already on the Manipulator. Under the Health menu and then the Skin menu, It should be right there. It's on both the Sim Manipulator and Health Manipulator.

Feature 6: There are plans in place to for such a thing. But It will be different then TJ's, When done it will have the change name dialog appear and will allow you change the sim's last name completely.

kumiqueen wrote:Ultimately, this mod does so much that it's hard to improve upon. I found when looking for things to suggest, the most were already available. The best part is how many individual hacks I got to remove because this one did the job and how there hasn't been any conflicts! I have really enjoyed making it a part of my game and hope that you continue to support it as it is much appreciated.

Generally I try my best to prevent conflicts when possible. I have no plans to abandon the manipulator anytime soon. Weird as it may sound, I actually enjoy making the Manipulator. Well anyways hope you have fun with your new found toy. Very Happy
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kumiqueen Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:32 am

Feature 5: Getting and curing Poison Ivy is already on the Manipulator. Under the Health menu and then the Skin menu, It should be right there. It's on both the Sim Manipulator and Health Manipulator.
^This is what I mean when I say it hard to find something this mod doesn't do!

As far as the mesh changing problem is concerned, it happens after I get to the cash register. Once I click for the next option the Manipulator disappears and I have to restart to get it back.

Anyway, it's good to know that there is more to look forward to with the Manipulator. By the time you're done tweeking it, there probably won't be anything the player can't control! Very Happy

kumiqueen
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Observations and Suggestions Empty Wow! Great Stuff, More Suggestions

Post  Sunset Sim Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Aaroneous! Thought I'd jump in the conversation too!

I spent a few hours today playing your Sim Manipulator. It reminds me of a cross between Dophin's Control A Sim (at MTS2) and Sim Blender, along with some creature features. Very nice, like one-stop-shopping. No conflicts so far despite the 65 mods I already use. I'll focus on the turn on/off jealousy features and More Sane Jealousy this week.

I don't know if you plan to release a version 2, which I suspect is a big job, or anymore single hacks that address one thing. May I make some suggestions of some stand alone hacks I'd love to have?

No Stomach Rubbing. This hack isn't quite the same as No More Smells Yummy, which Cyjon did, and he also did both combined along with no bookwalk and some other stuff, but I like all the other stuff, but that obnoxious stomach rubbing done anywhere anytime in the absence of food annoys the heck out of me.

Parents & Teens Argue. Little Simmie Jr is stomping flowers, kicking over trash cans, breaking up the refrigerator door, etc, yet all Mom and Dad can do is lecture him on Seriousness or Activity, etc. How is that helpful to a Sim Teen who is already an 8 or 9 in the Activity or Seriousness Personality points? I'd love to see them get into it like real families sometimes do, at least the arguing.

Complain Option. Also, the game has a feature (but not an option on a menu) where one sim will Complain to another. I've seen it done to the host of a party or the owner of an OFB store. If you could do a hack where any Teen/Adult/Elder sim could have the option to Complain to another, that would make for some interesting scenes in families, couples, roommates, and even store owners who might complain to customer for whatever reason.

Console Option. I think this may be name of it, and I only saw it when I was playing a Servo and a very sad sim, and clicked on "Appreciate". The Console or Sympathize option appeared, and the Servo was able to make the sim feel better.

Men Don't Slap Women. I think someone did this hack many years ago but it became obsolete with more EPs, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.

No Auto Tickle By Adults Except With Crushes or Siblings. Seriously, when was the last time your neighbor tickled you? Or that guy you play basketball with? Couples with crushes or in love, or siblings, well that's a different matter.

Townie Clothes Changer. I downloaded a community lot from a site a couple years ago that had a nifty little hack in it that does this, but I searched just now and that lot is no longer there. Anyway, it's a hack where you can use any Casual outfit in your sims' wardrobe to 'Change Outfit' of other sims. It works for the majority of Townies, but not all. I learned through Dolphin's Control This Sim that some sims have 'Special' wardrobe outfits and hairstyles, like the glamorous sim townie in the black gown and red scarf. I can change her outfit and hair but the next time I see her, she's reverted. She's a rarity, though, and the other Townies keep the casual cc outfits I put on them. Combined with Plastic Surgery and Change Appearance, my townies look great.

Anyway, if you could make a Townie Clothes Changer that can change outfits from Casual through Winter, this would be cool. Note: However, I think I read somewhere that Townies can't wear custom clothing for any outfits except casual. [This may be true. I routinely create a sim, put it in the sim bin, close the game, then move him to one of the Townie 'families' using SimPE, and also while in SimPE give him skills. Then when I see my new Townie in town, his casual outfit is the same as I made him in, but not the other CC clothing like swim or winter outfits. BTW, this is a nice technique for getting the kind of roommate you want for your sim if you have AL.]

Sims Change To Casual On Comm Lots. My sim is at a dance club, restaurant, bowling alley, etc, and everyone is milling about in their coats, or he/she has a business, and the store is filled with sims in their winter wear.

LTW Change Menu. First, I use Squinge's "Any Long Term Wants for All Aspirations" and "LTWs for EP8". Then I use the Sim Blender to change Long Term Wants of my sims.
The problem is that the Blender only rerolls the wants like a dice, so it may take 30 times before I get the LTW I want, and some it will never get. Now, Sim Blender also has a choose a career option where you select any of the regular AND your custom careers from a menu. I think LTW Change Menu hack should be based on this. For example, the sim can choose a LTW from Maxis careers to succeed in (like Be The Mayor, Be a General), but also the the custom careers, and of course, the other stuff they have, like Own 5 Top Businesses.

Well, those are a lot of ideas, so maybe on a slow day or rainy day you might be interested? Thanks anyway if you're busy for your fine work and sharing.

Sunset Sim
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 am

Sunset Sim wrote:
I don't know if you plan to release a version 2, which I suspect is a big job, or anymore single hacks that address one thing. May I make some suggestions of some stand alone hacks I'd love to have?
There are plans to update the Sim Manipulator, But it has been going a little slower then planned. But I can guarantee there will be at least one more update to it, If not more.

No Stomach Rubbing. This hack isn't quite the same as No More Smells Yummy, which Cyjon did, and he also did both combined along with no bookwalk and some other stuff, but I like all the other stuff, but that obnoxious stomach rubbing done anywhere anytime in the absence of food annoys the heck out of me.
I assume your talking about the autonomous interaction pregnant sims do to them selves. If so that may be possible to do.

Parents & Teens Argue. Little Simmie Jr is stomping flowers, kicking over trash cans, breaking up the refrigerator door, etc, yet all Mom and Dad can do is lecture him on Seriousness or Activity, etc. How is that helpful to a Sim Teen who is already an 8 or 9 in the Activity or Seriousness Personality points? I'd love to see them get into it like real families sometimes do, at least the arguing.

The argue interaction probably could be changed to allow teens and adults to argue.

Complain Option. Also, the game has a feature (but not an option on a menu) where one sim will Complain to another. I've seen it done to the host of a party or the owner of an OFB store. If you could do a hack where any Teen/Adult/Elder sim could have the option to Complain to another, that would make for some interesting scenes in families, couples, roommates, and even store owners who might complain to customer for whatever reason.
I not completely sure if it is possible to make the interaction appear on the menu with out breaking it.

Console Option. I think this may be name of it, and I only saw it when I was playing a Servo and a very sad sim, and clicked on "Appreciate". The Console or Sympathize option appeared, and the Servo was able to make the sim feel better.
Squinge made a mod to enabled that interaction on the menu, But there is one catch with it. He disabled the interaction from being autonomous. The interaction can be found here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7307.0.html . Download the file memoryconsoleEnabledEP2-EP3.zip.

Men Don't Slap Women. I think someone did this hack many years ago but it became obsolete with more EPs, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.
Squine had at one time made a mod for that, But the mod seems to have disappeared.

No Auto Tickle By Adults Except With Crushes or Siblings. Seriously, when was the last time your neighbor tickled you? Or that guy you play basketball with? Couples with crushes or in love, or siblings, well that's a different matter.
That should be possible to do.

Townie Clothes Changer. I downloaded a community lot from a site a couple years ago that had a nifty little hack in it that does this, but I searched just now and that lot is no longer there. Anyway, it's a hack where you can use any Casual outfit in your sims' wardrobe to 'Change Outfit' of other sims. It works for the majority of Townies, but not all. I learned through Dolphin's Control This Sim that some sims have 'Special' wardrobe outfits and hairstyles, like the glamorous sim townie in the black gown and red scarf. I can change her outfit and hair but the next time I see her, she's reverted. She's a rarity, though, and the other Townies keep the casual cc outfits I put on them. Combined with Plastic Surgery and Change Appearance, my townies look great.

Anyway, if you could make a Townie Clothes Changer that can change outfits from Casual through Winter, this would be cool. Note: However, I think I read somewhere that Townies can't wear custom clothing for any outfits except casual. [This may be true. I routinely create a sim, put it in the sim bin, close the game, then move him to one of the Townie 'families' using SimPE, and also while in SimPE give him skills. Then when I see my new Townie in town, his casual outfit is the same as I made him in, but not the other CC clothing like swim or winter outfits. BTW, this is a nice technique for getting the kind of roommate you want for your sim if you have AL.]
Changing the sim's hair, makeup, etc is already on the Sim Manipulator. Look up the misc menu the change appearance. It will allow you to change any sim's appearance as long as they are on the current lot. Plan outfits will appear in a future update of the mod. The woman sim you speak of is actually a NPC that came with the Night Life expansion, She will always be in that dress when she first appears on the lot. That may be possible to fix, But because of how EA made them the mod would only work with NPCs created after the mod is installed. NPCs created before the mod was installed would not be affected by the mod. Townies can wear custom clothes, But the game will not automatically generate sims with them. Some how you would have make the townie selectable and make the plan their outfit. Unfortunately there is no simple fix for that, Because every single outfit would have to be update to allow townies to wear it.

Sims Change To Casual On Comm Lots. My sim is at a dance club, restaurant, bowling alley, etc, and everyone is milling about in their coats, or he/she has a business, and the store is filled with sims in their winter wear.
That is possible to do. I believe there is a mod out there that already does that, But it does much more then that. Look for the Visitor Controller on simbology.

LTW Change Menu. First, I use Squinge's "Any Long Term Wants for All Aspirations" and "LTWs for EP8". Then I use the Sim Blender to change Long Term Wants of my sims.
The problem is that the Blender only rerolls the wants like a dice, so it may take 30 times before I get the LTW I want, and some it will never get. Now, Sim Blender also has a choose a career option where you select any of the regular AND your custom careers from a menu. I think LTW Change Menu hack should be based on this. For example, the sim can choose a LTW from Maxis careers to succeed in (like Be The Mayor, Be a General), but also the the custom careers, and of course, the other stuff they have, like Own 5 Top Businesses.
On the Sim Manipulator there is an option to change the LTW, But it works similar to how the Sim Blender does. I don't the think there is anyway around that unfortunately. The interaction is under the aspiration menu then Recal LTW. You can also change jobs under the career menu(Includes uni and custom jobs).

Hopefully all that makes sense to you.

Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum