Odds and Ends Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odds and Ends Installation

Post  Abrom on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, so, I looked all over the site, and I notice that it doesn't tell you anywhere on how to install any of this stuff. I was actually going to ask on how to do it, until you gave me that link to the NPC Scheduler mod, and I found out from that mod on how to install this stuff. You're suppose to put the mods in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads, right? Really, I should have already known this, since I installed Simblender the same way. I also have SimPe, but it's been awhile since I used these mods, so I had kinda forgot about what to do with them. Although I don't plan on using the Sim Manipulator right now, I notice that there doesn't seem to be any installation instructions for that either. Maybe you could post some installation instructions somewhere? I also noticed that when I started up my Sims 2, and it listed the mods I had...that MoreSaneJealousy mod had a big exclamation point icon next to it. What does that mean, is it just letting me know that it's a behavior altering mod, or does that mean that something's actually wrong with it?
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Odds and Ends Installation

Post  Aaroneous on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

That is right if you have Windows XP or older. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 it is slightly different, With newer versions of Windows it goes here User Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads. Unless other wise stated all packages go there.

The exclamation point is telling you the mod is modifying one or more of EA's behaviors. You can disabled that dialog from appearing every time at start up by going to Game Options, Then looking for the setting Disable Custom Content Dialog At Start Up. It can be turned back on the same way you turned it off.
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top