Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Requests

+3
Grykon
Aaroneous
Abrom
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mod Requests Empty Mod Requests

Post  Abrom Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:52 am

Ok, so, I got some ideas for mods that could be done, and if these already exist, please point me to them Very Happy

1. I really do get sick of the Sims constantly getting distracted by the rain or snow. 'Oh, what's that? You want me to do several things? Sorry, but I'm too busy watching the sky fall.' If there's a mod that makes the Sims ignore the precipitation, I definitely would like it...even if it stops their aspirations of seeing rain or snow (those aspirations don't pop up much anyway, and they're only for like...500 points I think).

2. I hate having to keep an eye on the guests in my house to see their response when I ask them to stay the night or sleepover. If they do stay over, they'll do a small nod. If they don't stay the night, they'll shake their head a little. And half the time they don't even do anything recognizable to 'yes' or 'no'. It would be nice if a pop-up would appear with their response; like, after you ask them, I little pop-up with their face could appear and say something like "Sure, I can sleep over!" or "Sorry, I have to work tomorrow." You know, something like that.

3. Why does it always zoom-in on a hot tub woohoo? I can't remember if it was Sims 1 or Sims 2, but wasn't lowering down your graphics suppose to stop it from zooming in every time (if someone knows, please post). I THINK I remember testing it, and that only worked in Sims 1. But yeah, it's annoying having to see that every time, with it wasting away like 20 to 30 Sim minutes. A mod to simply stop woohoo zoom-ins would be very much appreciated Smile
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Mod Requests Empty Re: Mod Requests

Post  Aaroneous Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Number one: You might want to check out this link http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7736.0.html . While it will not remove the interaction, It does lower the priority on the interaction so it doesn't stomp over the sim's queue. Instead it will be put at the end of the queue.

Number two: I do not know of any mod that does that right now.

Number three: Zooming in? I have never had that happen to me, Unless you mean the silly little movie that plays at the start of the interaction. If you are talking about that you can disable it by going to Options then Camera Options there should be an option called Special Event Camera. Disable that and the movies will go away forever, Unless of course you re-enable them. Beware this will disable all Special event movies like having a baby, going to college, being abducted by aliens, ETC.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Aaroneous wrote:Number one: You might want to check out this link (got a message that I can't post links for the first 7 days that I'm a member, so I had to remove this from the quote) . While it will not remove the interaction, It does lower the priority on the interaction so it doesn't stomp over the sim's queue. Instead it will be put at the end of the queue.

Number two: I do not know of any mod that does that right now.

Number three: Zooming in? I have never had that happen to me, Unless you mean the silly little movie that plays at the start of the interaction. If you are talking about that you can disable it by going to Options then Camera Options there should be an option called Special Event Camera. Disable that and the movies will go away forever, Unless of course you re-enable them. Beware this will disable all Special event movies like having a baby, going to college, being abducted by aliens, ETC.

1. Hmm, I actually got that Maxis patch that was mentioned in that forum, so based on everything I read, that patch and that mod seem to just do the same thing. I see a lot of people are also asking for a mod to just completely shut down weather reactions, and not just for the Sims that you're controlling.

3. Ooooohhhhh, so that's how you shut it off! Yes, that is what I was talking about, and thank you very much!
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Well, I think I might have found the mod for the rain/snow problem. On that same site that I found that HCDU you were talking about, I found a mod that claims to make your Sims ignore the weather. You go to simwardrobe.com, Sims 2, Fixes, Seasons Fixes, and there it is 'No Reacting To Rain Or Snow.' I'll have to test it out and I'll post back or edit this post when I know for sure if it works or not Smile

Edit - Ok, yeah, the No Reacting To Rain Or Snow mod works just fine. I just went through what seemed to be the biggest lightning storm ever in the Sims 2, and no one even cared. Sweet Smile
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:34 am

Does anyone know of a mod, other than the Inteenimater (it's unstable with Seasons), that lets your teens go steady with multiple sims? It's annoying when your teen's already going steady with someone, and then they want to go steady with someone else...because the aspiration never seems to go away! Not only does that aspiration never go away, but the fear of breaking up does the same. And guess what, when you do break up with someone and go steady with another...they'll just want to go steady with someone else! You can't win!
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 am

I know at one time there was a mod on Mod The Sims for that, But I can't seem to find it now. I don't know if you use the Sim Manipulator, But under the menu Relationships then Set Flags one of options is going steady. With that you can go steady with as many sims as you want, Though at this time it won't satisfy the want. But the game should see that the want is no longer valid and re roll it.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grykon Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 pm

It's a little late for this season...but I had a thought the other day...What I would like would be a mod that allowed you to make an employee Santa...they would sit on a 'throne' on your lot, kids could get in line to have a pic taken or just tell Santa what they want...course mom and dad need to foot the bill. lol Maybe a couple of 'elves' standing around looking cute...

Grykon
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 am

That might be possible, As long as the Santa from the Holiday pack wasn't used(he is considered an object to the game). Assigning a employee would be a good idea, Maybe create a special chair that the player could assign to the employee. But there is a problem and this is the interactions would possibly need new animations, To be honest very few are around that understand how to make animations. Sadly I am one of those people who doesn't know much about how to create new animations.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grykon Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:55 am

Aaroneous wrote:That might be possible, As long as the Santa from the Holiday pack wasn't used(he is considered an object to the game). Assigning a employee would be a good idea, Maybe create a special chair that the player could assign to the employee. But there is a problem and this is the interactions would possibly need new animations, To be honest very few are around that understand how to make animations. Sadly I am one of those people who doesn't know much about how to create new animations.

I would be happy to try...my only thought is, most animations are adults...we'd have to find out how the process might be different for a child...Toddler (chance to cry or piddle LOL Though not sure how a toddler could be brought to the store...

Grykon
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:06 am

Toddlers can't go to community lots, Which the odds are that's where Santa would be. That's unless of course the business was on the sim's home lot, In which case toddlers could participate. The whole thing with the kid's reaction could be done a number of different ways. The reaction could be for example be decided by the sim's current mood or even one of their 5 personality traits. Something else to note... Is any animations that are already in the game could also be used for these interactions.

Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grykon Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Hrmm...wonder if the chair could have like an invisible seat right over one of the Santa sim's legs...Then could use the sit in chair animation to get them on the sim's lap...Maybe use some of the gossip animation(s) for when the child tells Santa what they want...Well no, probably can't, cause it would probably require them to stand...

Grykon
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Theoretically there would only need to be one chair, Most chairs are design so they have one slot(tells the game where a sim can sit). But it is possible to add anther slot to the chair and position it just above one of Santa's knees. There is a problem with that though and that there would no way to compensate for other body shapes besides Maxis/EA shapes. Depending on how the gossip animations were made, They may be possible to be used while a sim is sitting. What I mean is some animations control the whole body, Which means they can only be used one way and can't be mixed with other animations. But there are other animations that target only a specific part of the body(like the face for instance), In this case that would mean You could use more than one animation together on the same sim.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grykon Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Good info! Now that I think about it, I think there is some newer animations added to the dining process that might work for that...I don't think the body shapes would make too much difference on leg height...Well unless they was a mermaid or centaur or something I guess...But you know better then I, I'm just now getting back into the game.

Grykon
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 am

lol I had completely forgotten about the Centaurs and Mermaids, Yeah those would be interesting to say the least. I was mostly referring to the Body Builder shapes, But then again who would want a Santa to look like that.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grykon Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:52 pm

A super sexy Ms. Claus sounds like a lot of fun! hehe

Grykon
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugah Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Does anyone know if there is a mod to get rid of the green fumes/haze surrounding bad witches (from the AL EP)?
I've seen a mod or two that gets rid of the green skin, but that doesn't bother me as much as the green fog that surrounds her.

Thank you!
Sugah
Sugah
Site Member

http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 pm

I have never seen a mod that removes it for just the evil witch... But I do know there is one that removes it for all witches. Which You can find here. The witches did come with the Apartment Life expansion.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  math341c Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Aaroneous wrote:I have never seen a mod that removes it for just the evil witch... But I do know there is one that removes it for all witches. Which You can find here. The witches did come with the Apartment Life expansion.

Hey Aaroneous you manipulator mod is great!! Man thanks for the mod Smile

We need one thing. A budget manipulator.

Set Money
Give money
Take money
etc

math341c
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:42 pm

That's one of many things that are on my to-do list, I am hoping to have it complete for the next update or so.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  math341c Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 am

Aaroneous wrote:That's one of many things that are on my to-do list, I am hoping to have it complete for the next update or so.

Oh okay cheers You mod is so great. The store on loot or whats is called is nice.

But it is possible you make to change a wage for current job level sim have? Example a sim have level 6 in a job and the wage is 600$ and i can change it to what i want? Very Happy

math341c
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Sadly doing that in game isn't possible...the job wage values are set to read-only(can't be alter while the game is running). But if You have a little know how with Simpe, You can alter each job's wages as You like.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  math341c Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 am

Aaroneous wrote:Sadly doing that in game isn't possible...the job wage values are set to read-only(can't be alter while the game is running). But if You have a little know how with Simpe, You can alter each job's wages as You like.

Okay sad. But i can live with it.

But it is possible to make a hack that can edit the sims in cas anytime, anywhere? Like some hacks in sims 3?

math341c
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:08 am

I have been modding the game for some time and I have yet to see a way to reenter CAS once You left it. I am not even sure if it is possible. I have been doing research into it, But no luck so far.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  math341c Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 am

Aaroneous wrote:I have been modding the game for some time and I have yet to see a way to reenter CAS once You left it. I am not even sure if it is possible. I have been doing research into it, But no luck so far.

Okay but good luck then. And again really thanks for the mod. It is so great afro Very Happy

math341c
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  math341c Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 am

Oh i forgot about one thing.

Weather and Seasons Manipulator
Change Seasons
Set current Season length.
Set clouds
Remove clouds (sunny)
Make rain,snow,hail
Set Intensity for rain,snow,hail
Do thunder Strong thunder,medium thunder, strike etc
Smite sims
Set Intensity to zero for only clouds of rain,snow,hail.
Set temperature
Delete weather controlers so game wont change the weather/temperature automaticly
And create the weather controlers game for normal weather.

If you could make this, it would be so great! Very Happy

math341c
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum