Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Townies and NPCS

2 posters

Go down

Killing Townies and NPCS Empty Killing Townies and NPCS

Post  zulusimmer Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:46 pm

I have just started a brand new game, so my neighbourhood has no sims created yet, but I would like to have a go at removing all the townies, so can I use the spawn a townie and then kill each townie as soon as they appear, and would this be alright to have a neighbourhood with no townies, I would rather create a lot of my own playable sims and they would fill up community lots etc with no need for townies, also could I do the same with all the NPCS too, I know not to touch any of the default NPCS, and I would like to have only one of each kind of NPCS that would be needed for the game to run rather than the 3 EA placed in the game.
I would be grateful for any help concerning this.

Zulusimmer
zulusimmer
zulusimmer
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Killing Townies and NPCS Empty Re: Killing Townies and NPCS

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Killing Townies, Downtownies, NPCs would be safe, As You said just don't mess with the special sims(Grimm Reaper, Mrs.C, ETC). Just be aware unless You have a mod to prevent it the game will create new ones. I know J. M. Pescado at MATY has a mod to prevent townies from spawning at all and I believe he has a mod to limit how many NPCs there are(only one of each type), Unfortunately I don't know the name of them since I don't use them. Also something else to note is there may already be some sims installed to Your neighborhood. I know by default the game creates numerous vacation families(if Bon Voyage is installed), At least two pet families the one is the strays and the other is the adoption pool pets(if Pets is installed), several sims doing with new hobby system(if Free Time is installed), And 5 new families that are used fill apartment lots(if Apartment Life is installed). All those sims are installed when the neighborhood is first created. Hopefully that helps You, If not let me know. Also just to warn You... I wouldn't ask about those mods at MATY, They can be quite unforgiving to new people.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Killing Townies and NPCS Empty Thank you

Post  zulusimmer Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks Aaroneous, I do have the mods to stop any more townies or NPCs spawning, so at last I can now remove the townies and unneeded NPCs, your sim manipulator is awesome, it can do so much and I would never want to be without it now, so thank you for creating it and sharing it with everyone, also it's so nice to be able to chat to you the creator and get advice like this, there are not many creator's who would take the time to chat to anyone like you do  Smile  thank you so much.
zulusimmer
zulusimmer
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Killing Townies and NPCS Empty Question

Post  zulusimmer Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 am

While using the sim manipulator for the above purposes, I saved the game and left the lot, leaving the sim manipulator, spawn a sim menu switched on, I did this quite a few times, without thinking that perhaps I should have always turned off the spawn a sim menu and removed it from the lot before saving the game and leaving the lot, would this cause any issues in the game ?
zulusimmer
zulusimmer
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Leaving the spawn menu on shouldn't cause any issues, And far as I am aware of never has. Leaving the Sim Manipulator(or any other manipulators) on the lot is perfectly safe, It won't do anything without the user telling it to.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Killing Townies and NPCS Empty Thank you

Post  zulusimmer Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 am

I'm so glad, thank you  Very Happy
zulusimmer
zulusimmer
Site Member

Back to top Go down