Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hats Enabled For Townies

2 posters

Go down

Hats Enabled For Townies Empty Hats Enabled For Townies

Post  Aaroneous Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Allows the game to create townies and NPCs with hats, Like mods that enable glasses and facial hair this mod will only work with Maxis/EA content. Though custom content can be updated to do the same thing.

In the zip below you will find four files in it. Hats_EnabledForTownies_BG.package will enable base game hats for townies and NPCs. Hats_EnabledForTownies_EP1.package will enable University hats for townies and NPCs. Hats_EnabledForTownies_EP3.package will enable Open For Business hats for townies and NPCs. Hats_EnabledForTownies_EP6.package will enable Bon Voyage hats for townies and NPCs.

Place in Program Files\EA GAMES\latest EP\TSData\Res\Catalog, Not your downloads folder. If you place the mods in downloads folder all EA/Maxis hats will be marked as customs hats.

Will exclude silly hats like the propeller hat and OFB costume hats. Also hats that are hidden from the catalog are excluded.

You can download the file here

Last edited by Aaroneous on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hats Enabled For Townies Empty Re: Hats Enabled For Townies

Post  Zirconia Wolf Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Very slick mod/idea! Never understood why Maxis never enabled such a thing in the first place, but then I think that about many things in the game.

I have one (strange) question: When it comes to clothing, I do my own *catalog organizing* (hiding/un-hiding, etc) & am curious if un-hiding a normally hidden hat will allow it to be used for Townies?
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 pm

It should be possible to enable hidden hats for townies, But I have yet to try it. You may know this already normally hats that appear in the catalog and can not be used by townies have a hex value of A(dec value 10). Where as hidden hats are set to a hex value of B(Dec value 11). To make hats available to townies change the value to 0, Will also make the hat appear in the catalog. The value can be found on the hat's property set under flags. Be aware it appears AL hats maybe slightly different, I tried changing the flags value for AL hats and they still did not appear. I am still trying to figure out what is different about them, Compared to non-AL hats.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Awesome- I shall try this out the next time I start fiddling with my clothing files again!

Also thanks for the "heads up" about the AL hats. Leave it to Maxis to screw up something as *basic* as category coding. Sheesh!
Zirconia Wolf
Zirconia Wolf
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down