Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Sane Jealousy: Possible Bugs

2 posters

Go down

More Sane Jealousy: Possible Bugs Empty More Sane Jealousy: Possible Bugs

Post  Abrom Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I've discovered a couple small problems with the mod. Alexandra is the parent of two teenagers. Russ is the parent of two different teenagers. Eric woohooed with Alexandra, everything is fine. Eric woohooed with Coral, Alexandra's teenagers throw a fit, despite being a couple rooms away. Coral woohooed with Russ on the third floor, Alexandra and Russ' teenagers throw fits. All the adults in the household do just as the mod says, but the teenagers in the household still know whenever the woohoos happen. I also don't know why Alexandra's teenagers are throwing fits over Coral and Russ woohooing. Coral and Russ have never been in love with Alexandra. Are they mad at Coral for woohooing with Eric, and now they're going to throw fits whenever Coral woohoos with anybody? Or are they throwing fits because Coral and Russ are 'woohooing too loud?' Anyway, I don't know if this response is something caused by your mod, or if this is the game's intentions.
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

More Sane Jealousy: Possible Bugs Empty Re: More Sane Jealousy: Possible Bugs

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:59 pm

That should not be happening... Teen use the same jealousy code as adults. Something I suggest you do is download a program to scan to see if you having any conflicting mods, It will be called HCDU(That's if you don't already have it). Can't give you direct link because of how that site is made. Sound wouldn't be an issue unless the sim lives in an apartment, And they would have be a neighbor to the sims woohooing. Also if using ACR make sure you have the right version of the mod, There is special version made for ACR. Anther thing to note even if the sims aren't in the same room, They can still detect sims woohooing if they are within seven tiles of the event.

Out of curiosity what mod are you using to allow teens to woohoo?
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Aaroneous wrote:That should not be happening... Teen use the same jealousy code as adults. Something I suggest you do is download a program to scan to see if you having any conflicting mods, It will be called HCDU(That's if you don't already have it). Can't give you direct link because of how that site is made. Sound wouldn't be an issue unless the sim lives in an apartment, And they would have be a neighbor to the sims woohooing. Also if using ACR make sure you have the right version of the mod, There is special version made for ACR. Anther thing to note even if the sims aren't in the same room, They can still detect sims woohooing if they are within seven tiles of the event.

Out of curiosity what mod are you using to allow teens to woohoo?

Oh, no no no, the teens aren't woohooing. The adults are doing the woohooing and the teenagers are throwing fits, but as I just found out from playing the game some more, teenagers apparently throw fits if they notice anyone is cheating with another person. I had one of my teens kissing and flirting with someone that they weren't going steady with, and one of my other teens was in the same room and threw a fit. So yeah, I'm guessing that teens are suppose to throw fits when people are cheating...but for some reason they can still detect woohoos even though they should be out of range. It isn't very consistent either...when my adults are cheating with others through woohooing, it just seems to randomly pick some teens and make them throw fits, oh well, whatever. Hmmm...or maybe it's the teenagers that are just walking around that are throwing the fits, but I'm not really sure. But yeah, like I said, the teenagers are a couple floors below the woohooing and they're still detecting it. And when they 'throw a fit,' they just stand there and looks angry and wave their arms angrily and whatnot, but they don't run after the people that are cheating and slap them and stuff like an adult does when they find a loved one cheating on them. I've never seen an adult 'throw a fit'....but I don't even remember what it says they're doing when they catch a loved one cheating. Whatever it is, it seems to be a different action. Maybe teenagers, or just children in general, have some sort of cheat-hater code?
The only expansion I have is Seasons, and from what I read, I'm only suppose to be using the ACR MoreSaneJealousy if I have the Free Time or Apartment Life expansions, right (what does ACR mean anyway)? Other than your mods, the only other mods I have are SimBlender and SimPe, which I used to change some family relations (made it so me and my brothers are actual brothers) and ages. I found that HCDU thing, and I expected, none of my mods conflict with each other. This isn't too big of a problem anyway, since adult-teen relationships aren't very important in the same household. And I'm now suspecting that teenagers, or just children, might just hate cheaters and it's not part of the jealousy code. This might be something that a new mod has to be made for :/

Last edited by Abrom on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed some stuff.)
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm

The event you are seeing makes much more sense now. Basically any time children and teens(possibly older sims as well) detects one of their parents, Having any sort of romantic interaction with anther sim that is not their parent can cause the sim to throw a fit or even cry(depending on their personality). They also suffer a slight relationship drop with that parent.

ACR stands for Autonomous Casual Romance. It allows sims to do most of the romantic interactions in the game autonomously, And it will allow the interactions to be done much earlier then the default settings. Theses are brand new interactions and do not overwrite the old ones. Be ware if you decide to download the mod that only ACR 2.0 and newer is compatible with my mod More Sane Jealously, I am still working on a version compatible with the 1.0 versions of ACR. So in your case you would have to choose which mod you want more, Since ACR 2.0 isn't usable for you right now since it requires the Free Time expansion Or newer ones.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Alrighty then, so is it possible that you'll one day make a mod to go along with the MoreSaneJealousy so children abide by the same woohoo detection?

Also, since you mentioned woohooing with teens, I decided to get the Inteenimater, and I'm going to see if my teens can woohoo without my other teens detecting it no matter where they are. I'll post back once I know for sure how it all works out.
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 pm

I possibly may do it... But I first I need to finish up a few other projects I am working on. I did do some basic investigating for the mod, But so far have been unable to find where that piece of code is.

Have fun with the Inteen, Be careful with which mods you use with it. It has quite a few mods that conflict with it.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:06 am

Well, I had one of my teens woohoo with another, and the MoreSaneJealousy kept her other lovers from knowing, so it worked fine on that aspect. I really would have liked to see how the children's cheater-hating ways would have worked with a teen and adult woohooing, but unfortunately I had to remove the Inteeninater. I played one sim day, and my game crashed. Well, ok, the next day it crashes again...right after an autosave (again, thank you for that mod). I get back in my game, hit play, and it crashes. So, I remove the Inteeninater, get back to my game, and I can play it again. Granted, there was a lot of stuff going on at the moment in the game, and installing or removing the Inteeninater does a little reset with your Sims (their aspiration bar and needs go to default, and it stops the sims' actions), but it seems to play just fine now. The HCDU didn't detect any conflicts with the mods, so I'm thinking the Inteeninater just doesn't work very well, at least not the 1.6d version for Seasons.
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

Well, I was wrong about teens being able to woohoo without being detected. I'm using Jenflower's Teen Woohoo mod, which allows teens to woohoo with each other and adults (and unlike the Inteenimater, no problems running with Sims 2 Seasons). Yeah, so, I had one of my teens woohoo with an adult, and another teen threw a fit at both of the people woohooing. I also had two teens woohoo a few times, and other teens also end up throwing fits; in fact, the MoreSaneJealousy mod doesn't seem to work with teens, since one teen's lover detected the woohoo through a couple floors and ruined the relationship. So, for the time being, I recommend just using the MoreSaneJealousy mod for adults only, otherwise your teens are going to hate EVERYONE in the household :/
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 am

That it is odd. In all my tests teens never got jealous when MoreSaneJealously was installed. Unless they met any of the conditions in the mod. And the conditions are if they are in the same room as the offending sim(outside is the same room) or they are 7 tiles or closer to the sim. When I get a chance I will see if Jenflowers's mod is sensing jealousy a different way, It shouldn't but you never know.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrom Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 am

Well, I've still been having my teens woohoo, and it appears that the one time a lover detected the woohoo seemed to have been a fluke, since it hasn't happened again. However, that might just be because I try to keep my other teens busy while one does a woohoo. I think I might finally understand how the cheater-hating 'throw a fit' works now. Your teens will throw fits if they notice ANYBODY in the same household, no matter if they're related or romanticly involved in any way, cheating on another sim. Teens from other households won't throw fits about what your sims are doing at your household. Kissing and flirting can only be detected in the same room, but woohoos can be detected anywhere on the property, UNLESS you keep your teens distracted. It seems that the only actions that allow your teens to detect woohoos is while walking to do a command or if they're just chatting and doing the simple 1 on 1 interactions with someone. Pretty much anything else will keep your teens from realizing that a woohoo is going on (just have them use the bathroom, take a shower, clean something, eat, whatever). Now, that one time that a lover detected the woohoo, it's because the lover was a teen walking to do a command; if that person wasn't a lover, she would have just thrown a fit, but maybe because they were lovers she also had to stop the woohoo and slap around the other sim. I've had two teen lovers woohoo around with other sims quite a few times without the other one noticing, but maybe I just kept the other one distracted enough while it was happening. Either way, if you don't keep them distracted they're going to AT LEAST throw a fit.

PS - The only reason I'm still having my teens woohoo is so when I ask one to stay the night, I can just woohoo with them to make them sleep...otherwise they just stay up all night drinking coffee and leave by the morning. One time I got Lilith Pleasant to stay an entire week before she just decided to take off in the middle of one day. All thanks to teen woohoos Smile
Abrom
Abrom
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down