Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature?

3 posters

Go down

How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature? Empty How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature?

Post  Sunset Sim Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm

I'd like to add more time for dates/outings and parties. Yours has the option of add an hour or subtract an hour; I'd like to add options of add 10, and 15 hours on the menu. Adding them one at a time is very time-consuming, especially when I'm using the Select-This-Sim mod and have to change the time on that sim too.

I have looked at your mod in SimPE, and my best guess is I'd only need to do a slight change in the BHAV section and/or the Pie Menu Functions TTAB/ Misc Manipulator.

I've googled but I haven't seen any very simple instructions on how to add more time on this kind of mod, I guess b/c your's is a one-of-a-kind. Could you please take a few minutes let me know how to do this? Thank you.

Sunset Sim
Site Member

Back to top Go down

How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature? Empty Re: How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature?

Post  Aaroneous Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:35 pm

While adding new hour amounts is possible, I wouldn't recommend doing it. The game will not allow parties, dates, and outgoing to go above 16 hours. If You want to be more precise in setting the time for parties, dates, and outgoing use the menu option Set Hours Left. It will allow You to set the total time left for them, It can be set from 1 to 16 hours.

If You still want to know how to add new hour amounts... Give me some time and I'll write something up.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature? Empty Re: How do I add to pie menu for the alter date/outing feature?

Post  Zirconia Wolf (Take 2) Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes, it's me, ZW. Because I couldn't remember my old password for the life of me, I created another account. Sorry for the breech of protocol. Embarassed

On the subject of that stupid date/outing/party timer: I've long been searching for a mod that would let me end a date/outing/party when I want to - which is often long before the timer runs out - without getting nailed with that stupid penalty for ending an event "too early". (I really hate being forced to play mini-games!)

Am I right in assuming that using the Sim Manipulator to reduce the amount of time remaining on an event timer will effectively let me do this, or will fiddling with the timer still mess with the "final score" or the event in question?
Zirconia Wolf (Take 2)
Zirconia Wolf (Take 2)
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Editing the time of dates, parties, and outgoings will not effect the score of the event. If for some strange reason it does, There is the menu option to change the score of the event. Look under Change Date & Outing Score or Change Party Score.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zirconia Wolf (Take 2) Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Sweet!! I am finally free of the tyranny of that @#$% timer!!! Thanks a bundle!!!!!!
Zirconia Wolf (Take 2)
Zirconia Wolf (Take 2)
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunset Sim Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Thank you for replying, Aaroneous. I have been adding hours, but can only add (or subtract) one hour at a time. Basically I'd like an updated menu option that has "Add five hours" (or ten). I've never been concerned with the party score, it's just that sim hours go by so quickly. Please let me know if you do an updated version.

There are other mods where I'd like to learn how to add a very simple option on the menu. If you or anyone knows of one for non-techie bhav (?) beginners that has photos of the steps, please direct me to the link. Thanks again.

Sunset Sim
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:32 pm

I am in the process of updating the Sim Manipulator now, I will see what I can do about that.

If You wish to learn about editing menus and BHAVs, I would recommend taking a look at this. It helped me learn the BHAVs, It assumes You have no prior experience with BHAVs. But You should know how to use SimPe.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum