Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy

2 posters

Go down

Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy Empty Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy

Post  draechaeli Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 am

So the Grim Reaper is one of those NPC that you aren't supposed to mess with so I backed up my game to right before I made my Sim pregnant with the Grim Reaper using the Sim Manipulator, because I really want to see the resulting child.

Pregnancy progressed fine, Pregnancy stats stated the other parent as the Grim Reaper, my mod that enables Child Support sends money from the Grim Reaper to the unborn baby (does it for alien pregnancies as well no problems).

However, at hour 50 instead of entering the third stage the sim went into labour and gave birth to a baby that according to the in game family tree, the baby's other parent is the same as the parents for the previous pregnancy (I messed around with the day and time of the week so I figure that is the discrepancy in pregnancy stage). I grew the child to toddler trying to see the child support bubbles and either missed them or they weren't sent, and confirmed in SimPE that the Grim Reaper was not the parent. I figured that when I checked the Pregnancy stats once I accidentally switched the other parent away from Grim Reaper. So I loaded the back up and tried again.

Same exact thing happened though this time I confirmed that the birth did indeed happen at hour 50 instead of hour 75. I didn't save and went back to the neighbourhood screen (the game was saved at the pregnancy's 46th hour) and tried again. I paused at 30 mins before the 50th hour and confirmed Grim Reaper as the other parent but after the birth the family tree did not list this but the other parent of the previous pregnancy again. I didn't save again.

I ended the pregnancy (using InTeen) and re-did the pregnancy. Pregnancy stats show Grim Reaper as the other parent counts up the hours like regular (on hour 3 at the moment) the sim is throwing up in the toilet, etc. I tried to accelerate the pregnancy back to 50 hours using the change stage method (which I've used before in conjuncture with InTeen with no problems) but it won't change the pregnancy stage and neither will InTeen nor the Sim Manipulator accelerate the pregnancy to immediate birth.

So my questions are: Is there a chance that Grim Reaper pregnancy will mess up my game?
Is this how Grim Reaper pregnancy works? 50 hour pregnancy where the other parent is listed and appears (going on toddler looks) like the previous child's parents? and you cannot change the pregnancy stage?

Last edited by draechaeli on Wed May 06, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

draechaeli
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy Empty Re: Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy

Post  draechaeli Tue May 05, 2015 6:07 am

So this retry of the pregnancy that wouldn't accelerate though I tried. The sim bumped out at 50 hours took two steps went into labour and the resulting baby in the in game family tree had the same two parents as the previous pregnancy and not the pregnant sim and the Grim Reaper.

Is that just how the Grim Reaper pregnancy is supposed to be?

draechaeli
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy Empty Re: Questions and Problems with Grim Reaper Pregnacy

Post  draechaeli Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 am

retried again, I didn't try to accelerate the pregnancy nor did I mess around with the time of day or the day of the week. sim bumped out at 50 hours I was able to pause it and get a screen shot with the pregnancy stats, took two steps and gave birth to a child with the second parent the same as the previous pregnancy and not the Grim Reaper. Though the baby is much paler then either parent listed in the family tree, but that could be from a recessive gene

draechaeli
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  draechaeli Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 am

So I took out all my mods except for the Sim Manipulator and started in Strangetown (I was playing Pleasantville prior) and put Ajay Loner in a house and immediately made him Grim Reaper pregnant, he carried child to term and the in game family tree is correctly showing the Grim Reaper as the second parent. I'm going to assume the conflicting mod is InTeen (which is odd it has no issues with other pregnancies).

Can anyone confirm this?

and I still want to be sure that Grim Reaper pregnancy will not foul up my game

draechaeli
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Wed May 06, 2015 2:45 am

I personally haven't noticed any problems with the Grim Reaper Pregnancy. Grim should show up as the other parent. Though Grim himself doesn't have a facial structure, And so the game gets the face from anther source. The games seems to prefer falling back to the face of the Hula Dancer that appears when an elder sim dies in platinum mood. I think Grim does have a skin tone, Which is usually the second lightest of the Maxis skin tones.

So if I am reading this right... The Inteen was conflicting with the Sim Manipulator? I'll experiment with this later on today and see if it's possible to fix.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down