Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Job Or School Chance Cards

3 posters

Go down

No Job Or School Chance Cards Empty No Job Or School Chance Cards

Post  Aaroneous Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 am

Prevents sims from getting any chance cards while at work or school, Includes hobby chance cards.

Install to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads, If using Windows XP or older. For Windows Vista and 7 install to User Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.

Doesn't require any Expansion or Stuff Packs, It will work with just the base game.

You can download the file here

Last edited by Aaroneous on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

No Job Or School Chance Cards Empty Re: No Job Or School Chance Cards

Post  BoilingOil Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 am

Oooohh, there might be a use for that!! Thanks, man! bounce

My sims usually don't need the stress of those cards... mainly, if they're poor low-lives, I want them to remain like that. But then a chance card comes, and I can't help myself: I do my best to get the most profitable result from it. I even get annoyed when the sim loses skill or money!! Away with those things... when I'm not tempted, my sims will stay the way I intended them to be!

So, again: thank you so much!!! bounce

BoilingOil
Site Member

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52

Back to top Go down

Post  croiduire Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 am

This looks good. I too don't like having my sims randomly promoted into jobs above their qualifications. I tried CJ-JobStopinator-Chance and CJ-JobStopinator-Hobby, but they kept throwing Hit Break Point Primitive errors on the Newspaper because of the job globals. I hope I won't have that result from your mod. (Please don't misunderstand, I'm not in any way disparaging Cyjon or doubting you--I suspect the problem comes from my game. To my ever increasing regret, I'm using Deluxe, which seems to be the root cause of why several well-tested and reliable mods don't work for me. Mad)

croiduire
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaroneous Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:33 am

Unfortunately you are probably right about the bundled sims games, From what I know they are slightly different internally then non-bundled sims games. Personally I don't see a fix for that anytime in the future, Since most modders do not use the bundled games.

Though theoretically my mod should be compatible with the bundled games, Since all it does is replace the constants doing with jobs and school.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  croiduire Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 am

Aaroneous wrote:Though theoretically my mod should be compatible with the bundled games, Since all it does is replace the constants doing with jobs and school.

That's what it sounded like in the description (as opposed to modifying them), so I'm hoping it will work.

Re: bundled games. I am seriously considering uninstalling and reinstalling with the original games, and seeing just how messed up my neighbourhoods would be if I tried to restore them (with all my lots, sims and neighbourhoods carefully packaged, in case it doesn't work--I can always recreate personalities, skills, and relationships in SimPE if I have to). It sucks, but I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that it is the only way my game will work long term.

croiduire
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum