Sim Manipulator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim Manipulator showing up but...

2 posters

Go down

Sim Manipulator showing up but... Empty Sim Manipulator showing up but...

Post  twilightessance Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm

So I'm on a Mac and I've got the Sims 2: Pet Stories app and I've finally found where to put downloads and enabled content and the warning box shows up when I start up the game... and the item is where it's supposed to be (I've tried this with the insim, the blender and manipulator in hopes of something working) but there is a "no pic" image and when I purchase it and place it, there is nothing there and no clickable area. I'm not sure what to do at this point or how to get these mods to work. Figuring it out on my new computer has been hell and it always worked on my old Dell computer, and there isn't much support for Mac. x-x Please, HELP!

twilightessance
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Sim Manipulator showing up but... Empty Re: Sim Manipulator showing up but...

Post  Aaroneous Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Out of curiosity did You install all three files that came with the Sim Manipulator? The name of the files should be Sim_Manipulator.package, Sim_Manipulator_DestinationMenu_AddOn.package, and Sim_Manipulator_SimMenu_AddOn.package.

Also if You haven't tried yet... try deleting the file Groups.cache it should be in the same area as the Downloads folder(a new version of the file will generate when the game starts).

Anther thing to try to do is delete the files in the Thumbnails folder, As before it should be in the same area as the Downloads folder(a new version of the files will generate when the game starts).

The only other thing that comes to mind is that the Sim Manipulator(As well as the Insim and the blender) are not compatible with the Pets Stories. And there has been reports of certain mods made for The Sims 2 not working for the sim stories games.

Sadly I have never played any of the sim stories games, So my knowledge is rather limited in that area.
Aaroneous
Aaroneous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twilightessance Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 pm

I did download all of them and I tried doing as you said, but no luck... ahh, it's probably just not compatible. What a shame! I use it in my Sims 2 games all the time and now I must suffer through this one without any mods/cheats! The boolprop cheat doesn't even work. xD

Thank you so much for your quick help!

twilightessance
Site Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down